Women on Board
The year 2017 saw a legislative change in the corporate landscape of the county. Due to inclusion of Section 154 in the Companies Act 2017, all public interest companies are required to have women representation on their Boards. This was implemented through the Listed Companies (Code of Corporate Governance) Regulations 2017, Regulation 7, which requires all listed companies to have at least one woman director on their Boards. Keeping this in view, the Institute has compiled a directory of CA women members with professional experience of five years and more. This initiative of the Institute has facilitated the corporate sector with a readily available pool of qualified women professionals, eligible to act as independent directors under the Code. Many CA women are making their professional contribution as Board members on Boards of public interest entities due to this initiative.
The objectives for this initiative are to:
- Provide professional development trainings for effective contributions at Board level.
- Showcase profiles through annually updated editions of CA Women Directory.
- Disseminate the directory through timely measures, collaborations and events.
- Promote CA Women for placement on Boards of listed/public sector companies.
Sessions are held on ‘Women Leadership Development Programme’ for our women members and professional trainees, to discuss areas related to legal, financial and regulatory matters, covering key practical aspects to effectively serve on the Boards.CA Women Digital Directory
Based on the feedback and requirements of various corporates and due to the need for digitalization, the CA Women Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan is introducing CA Women Digital Directory with the following key features:
- The directory is digitally accessible,
- Profiles can be searched based on requirements like sector specific experiences, seniority, additional qualifications, DTP compliances etc.
- The CA women will have the liberty to update their profiles as and when any change is required.
- The full version as well as relevant profiles of the directory can be downloaded.
- The Directory will be regularly updated in real-time.
- The criteria in the directory has been widened and now all women members of the Institute can share their profiles without any time limit of professional experience (Previously only names and profiles of women members with five years of experience were available